LightSpeed for iPad 1.4.1 includes fixes for payment methods and receipt printing.
- Resolved an issue that could prevent payment methods from appearing on check out in certain cases
- Attempting to print a receipt when connected to LightSpeed 3.7.x no longer reports an error
- Moneris payment processing support now included for Canada
- Cash payment rounding now supported
- Magtek uDynamo encrypted card reader is now supported
- Updated Socket SDK for improved scanner connectivity
- Resolved a crash when selecting a historical invoice that contains a deleted customer
- Searching for a company now properly displays the company name
- Resolved a crash when displaying inventory levels
LightSpeed 3.8.1 includes a number of fixes and UI enhancements, including the following key items:
- Gallery view is synchronized when scrolling or selecting an item in the list
- Multi-keyword searches, as well as Customer email and First/Last name searches
- Double-clicking a Gallery image now opens the document
- Several system crashes have been resolved.
The full list of fixes is included below.
- Invoices created through the API now inherit the default currency if no currency is specified in the request object, instead of leaving it blank
- Dashboard will no longer crash if an invoice does not have a currency set (NOTE: any invoice with no currency set will not be included in Dashboard metrics)
- When adding widgets in Dashboard that exceed the screen size, the scroll bar now properly appears
- Amount column is now displayed correctly for the Top Sales by Product widget even when Products have no descriptions
- Deleting 2 or more Web Categories no longer causes a Update Store failure with Magento
- Web Store orders with empty State field now correctly show the Shipping and Billing address in LightSpeed
- Colors for Notifications now align with Web Store coloring/branding
- LightSpeed no longer hangs during the initiate payment phase if the station name is empty
- Scanning barcodes quickly in the POS no longer causes partial or incomplete scanning
- LightSpeed no longer crashes when Customer or Supplier card exists in foreground and POS launched from background
- Pressing the Return key repeatedly no longer cause the POS Discount field to change values repeatedly.
- Products with a negative value for pricing levels now display properly in the POS
- Creating Invoices in POS now respects the language settings of the Customer
- Users in POS are now prompted to enter terminal information in Station Setup if none is found
- Commission Report now allows a column for Total Profit in dollar value
- Commission Report now correctly displays Salesperson/User
- POS/Web Categories Setup window properly renders all elements of the UI
- Custom Field names that contain special characters will no longer crash LightSpeed upon login (NOTE: the pipe “|” character is still not supported, and no custom field will be created using that character)
- Setup Assistant no longer allows users to skip changing the default password for the LightSpeed Administrator account
- Saving a terminal configuration without a port number is no longer possible
- LightSpeed client no longer crashes when returning from POS to browser after checking pricing levels
- POS and Web Categories of Master Products are now correctly added to new size/color matrix child Products
Searching and Smart Finds
- Product searches now return Suppliers containing empty fields correctly
- Customer email search criteria now also includes Customer contact Email field
- Searching for a Customer by a contact’s first and last name will now display customers matching the query
- Creating a Product Smart Find using “Class” no longer causes a crash
- Searching for multiple keywords now supported
- Saving a Smart Find with a custom column order is now supported when re-opening the saved Smart Find
- When searching in StoreMaster, users can now use the Tab key to move from the search field to the results
- The order of appearance for the filters in Smart Finds has been updated
- Quick Search on custom Customer fields now properly handle merged customers
- Quick Search on custom Product fields now properly use the implicit “Product is current” or “Product inventory > 0” in search results
- Refreshing a Product search using the Multi-Store label filter no longer produces an endless loop of error dialogs
- Multi-Store label code now searchable
Server and System
- Users are now displayed an error if trying to restore a backup that is invalid (or bad file version)
- Web Store upload/download events are now being logged by LightSpeed Server log
- Upgrading from 3.7 to 3.8.x with certain report types (null file IDs) now migrate properly
- Existing Tracker and Smart Find output files are not overwritten during a 3.8.x upgrade, and are simply incremented via the filename if they exist already
- LightSpeed System Preferences now show proper information on monthly packages
- The 3.8 installer will now issue an error dialog during installation if the Backups folder does not have the correct permissions for the LightSpeed user to proceed
- LightSpeed client crashes when a database backup is initiated and an existing Archive folder already exists
- Trackers are now exported correctly for all users during the 3.8.x upgrade process
- LightSpeed 3.8 client no longer refers to “Browser”
- Clicking on a graphic in the Gallery now highlights the relevant row in the table below
- Checkbox label in Tracker is now called “Highlight if:” to avoid confusion with Notifications (old label)
- Adding a PO with status of “None” to Parked Items will no longer cause LightSpeed to crash or Parked Items to become unusable
- Most Document statuses in StoreMaster are no longer displayed in uppercase
- Scroll bars no longer disappear from the Gallery when the “Show scroll bar” option is set to Always
- Reorder requests for Products with no Supplier information no longer cause LightSpeed to crash (they are ignored)
- Double-clicking an image in the Gallery now correctly opens the document (Product, Supplier, Customer)
- The resource list is now properly refreshed (e.g. creating new Invoices, receiving Inventory on a PO) even while StoreMaster is open
- Gallery View is now properly synchronized with the Resource List when reaching the top or bottom of the list
- Users can now drag-and-drop images from an image editing app onto the Gallery (NOTE: Customers still do not support drag-and-drop images, and the Customer card must be saved when deleting an image)
- Removing a Customer with a Category Discount on an Invoice now correctly adjusts the Discount level (NOTE: Manual discounts applied on the Invoice are not modified when removing a Customer)
- Tool Tips have been added to the bottom bar of StoreMaster
- Right-clicking in the white space of a list view no longer brings up menu Items
- Filter scrollbars now appear properly on OS X 10.6
StoreMaster with Dashboard
StoreMaster is our re-engineered Browser window and includes Dashboard, an all-new widget-based business analytics tool that provides insight to help retailers stay ahead of the game.
Sell-through report in Intelligence
LightSpeed’s Sell-Through Report helps identify rising or falling demand for your stock. The report can highlight items with skyrocketing week-on-week demand, giving you insight into what to reorder.
Support for rounded cash payments
LightSpeed’s cash rounding allows retailers in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand to set the smallest unit of currency accepted for cash transactions – for example when pennies are not accepted.
Canadian payment processing with Moneris
Integrated payment processing is now available for Canadian LightSpeed users via Moneris.
Mapping of Genius payment types for one-button payments
LightSpeed users can map any of Genius’ payment methods to those in LightSpeed and still process Genius transactions with a single click.
Product inventory adjustments via the API
LDX developers can now make inventory adjustments via the API. This enhancement opens the door for many new potential applications of the LightSpeed API.
LightSpeed 3.8 contains over 60 fixes, including an improved software installer and backups, fixes for the LightSpeed Connector for Magento, and several key fixes for ReportMaster (including report total summaries).
- Application names that include international characters no longer prevent LightSpeed from starting
- UPC information can now be set and updated for products.
- Quantities are now handled correctly when building a negative quantity. This fix handles cases where LightSpeed users wish to “unbuild” built items such as gift baskets to put individual items back on the shelf.
- Orders that could contain the incorrect date and timestamp are now downloaded with the correct information.
- Downloaded orders no longer have to be re-saved in order to appear in the Order Requests purchasing area.
eCommerce: Magento Connector
- Orders that are not complete or have been canceled are no longer downloaded from Magento.
- Master matrix products are now placed in the proper category when uploaded to Magento.
- Improved the downloading of order shipping information from Magento with names containing non-alphabetic characters.
- Resolved an issue that could prevent PDF attachments from being attached to e-mails generated from documents.
- Resolved an issue that could prevent PDF attachments from being attached to e-mails generated from documents.
End of Day
- Re-printing an End of Day report no longer causes different tax values to be printed.
- Resolved an issue that could prevent the “Invoices with Returns” section to show all return invoices for the selected date.
- Addressed a rare issue that could cause LightSpeed to quit without allowing users to save in-progress changes.
- Exceeding the maximum field size for custom text fields that could cause a crash now warns users to prevent the issue.
- Field translation languages that include non-English characters no longer cause a crash.
- Task status windows are now closed properly when logging out of LightSpeed.
- Resolved a potential crash when invoicing an order and an existing product on the invoice is added.
- Attempting to invoice an order, quote or SRO that contains deleted products will no longer cause a crash.
- Addressed a potential issue that could cause inventory on a linked order to not be released correctly.
- Entering a percentage sign before a discount amount no longer causes an invoice’s status to be incorrect.
The new LightSpeed installer offers a smoother upgrade process, and provides feedback on the status of the database migration process.
- Upgrading from LightSpeed 3.7 or higher now runs a backup before proceeding with installation.
- Upgrading installs from LightSpeed 3.6.8 or lower now advises users to perform a backup before proceeding with installation.
- The install process now waits for database migration to complete before reporting the install process as complete.
- Log files are now rotated nightly to prevent them from reaching an excessive size
- Resolved a potential issue that could cause servers with non-alphanumeric characters in the name to not start
- Daily backup files now include photos
- Improved the naming format of Smart Backups folders
- Changing replication options no longer causes a crash
- Resolved a potential crash when receiving a Transfer In after a store’s name has changed
- Merchant Warehouse Genius transactions can now be cancelled from within LightSpeed.
- Resolved an issue that could cause payments to be automatically posted regardless of the setting in the Company Setup window.
- Users without permission to sell below minimum margin are no longer prevented from returning an item that was sold below minimum margin.
- Related products set to automatically add now support nested relationships correctly.
- Addressed a potential issue that could cause invoices to remain locked after completion.
- The setting to print the Multi-Store code is now honored correctly for receipts printed from LightSpeed Mobile and LightSpeed for iPad.
- Tax-inclusive prices are now supported for receipts printed from LightSpeed Mobile and LightSpeed for iPad.
- Entering non-numeric characters in the Quantity Discount fields no longer causes a crash.
- Resolved a potential crash when adding saving changes to related products due to the size of the description.
- Products that have been received on a PO can no longer be deleted.
- Products that are reserved on an order can no longer be deleted.
- Addressed a potential crash when viewing order requests on a PO that contains the same product multiple times
We’ve included almost 20 fixes and enhancements to ReportMaster in LightSpeed 3.8.
- Summarized reports: checking the “Summarized Results” option hides line-item detail and provides only report totals.
- Returns report now includes Salesperson grouping, filter, and column
- Supplier Invoice Exports report now includes Due Date and Reference groupings, filters, and columns
- Sales by Product report now includes a Description grouping
- Filter Tax reports by tax exemption now works as expected
- Custom reports now print the custom name as their title
- Inventory report now includes a Supplier filter
- Serial Number filter now includes Family, Class, Size, and Color groupings, filters, and columns
- The Posted Date filter now works correctly on the Invoice Exports report
- Addressed an issue that could prevent the list of recent reports from being displayed for specific users
- Commission Report now included Total Cost and Total Sell columns
- Products that have been received or manually adjusted now appear correctly on the Serial Number History report
- Warehouse names now display correctly on the Serial Numbers report
- Sales by Invoice report now includes a Voided column, grouping, and filter
- Supplier custom fields now work correctly on the Purchase Order report
- Product report now includes a Tax Status column, grouping, and filter
- Sales by Product report now included a Total Discount column that is sub-totalled
- Improvements to the overall usability of the ReportMaster window
- Tax-inclusive pricing now properly handles the tax code assigned to a customer
REQUIRES LIGHTSPEED 3.7 OR HIGHER:
Do not update to LightSpeed Mobile 1.7 if you are currently running LightSpeed 3.6.x or below and do not have plans to upgrade to LightSpeed 3. 7 immediately. LightSpeed Mobile 1.7 will only connect to a LightSpeed 3.7 database.
General: Improved re-connection handling to LightSpeed Server after a crash
General: Improved support for iOS 6.1
Hardware: Updated the Linea Pro SDK to resolve an incompatibility with iOS 6.1
Hardware: Scanning a product from the product search view no longer causes a crash
Invoice: Tapping Back while entering a serial number on an Invoice no longer causes a crash
Invoice: Line items that do not have a description no longer display as incorrectly
Invoice: Resolved a potential issue where changed quantities for a line item will may be reset when scanning another product
API: Updating an invoice no longer changes the invoice salesperson to the authenticated API user
API: The currency element is now honored when creating a new customer
eCommerce: Products are now re-activated correctly when updating Magento
eCommerce: Tax codes that contain spaces are now handled correctly when downloading orders from Magento
Invoice: Resolved an issue that could prevent auto-add related products from adding correctly multiple times
ReportMaster: Added Total Sell information to the Taxes by Product report
ReportMaster: Reports that incorrectly show as running as now cleaned up when LightSpeed Server starts
ReportMaster: Profit is now calculated correctly for products that have no cost on the Summarized Sales report
ReportMaster: Profit is now calculated correctly for products that have no cost on the Sales by Product report
Smart Find: Searching for empty product fields will now work correctly in all cases
LightSpeed 3.7.6 Client Application
Download Web Store 2.5.2 Full Installer
Download Web Store 2.5.2 Upgrade Installer
Admin Panel: Corrected an issue where users would be redirected to the main Web Store page after adding a new custom page
Admin Panel: Resolved a display issue where the Submit button would occasionally be hidden in promo code restrictions
Admin Panel: Resolved an issue where the Edit button would appear truncated after clicking Cancel on some screens
General: Addressed an issue where products with one quantity remaining may be removed from an order after payment was completed
General: Using a URL to access a product that is not enabled to sell on the Web Store will now log the attempt in the system log
General: Solved an issue where updating an account with blank password fields would not retain current password
General: Payment errors and checkout validation errors now appear in the system log
General: Resolved an issue where Authorize.net Advanced Integration Method would not display the payment decline reason to customers
General: Resolved a display issue when using advanced search without a search term
General: Corrected an issue where URLs and image paths may fail when descriptions only contain Arabic, Hebrew, Japanese, Korean or Cyrillic characters
General: Resolved an issue where quotation marks in a product code would cause truncated URLs
General: Corrected an issue where slashed price would show the tax-exclusive price for original price even in tax-inclusive mode
General: Fixed a rare issue where certain product thumbnails would appear blank
General: Corrected a template error when using advanced search without a Start Price value
General: Custom pages that have tabs set to not display no longer appear in the sitemap
Shipping: Delivery services for UPS, FedEx, USPS and Canada Post are now properly displayed on a downloaded Web Store order
Shipping: Solved an issue where the markup cost was being improperly applied to Canada Post shipping
Shipping: Corrected an issue with destination shipping where the « any country » wildcard would not calculate shipping
Templates: Fixed a display issue with the alignment of the Pinterest sharing button
Templates: Corrected a display issue in the Brooklyn template with a missing background when emailing a cart
Templates: All product fields are now available in the slider template to make customization easier
Templates: Fixed a CSS issue with the order lookup sidebar where the entry blank may be partially hidden
Templates: Resolved an issue where custom page text for the Contact Us form was not appearing above the entry blanks
Templates: Corrected an issue where slashed prices may erroneously show when the price range is set to show the lowest price
Templates: Correct a display issue in the Basic template where the cart total would not update while changing shipping options
Templates: Resolved an issue where the « Cannot Calculate Shipping Rates » error message would not disappear even after the error was resolved
Templates: Improved handling of quotation marks within meta descriptions and page titles
Uploader: Adding an item with a blank description to a quote using the quote-to-cart feature no longer causes an error
Uploader: Resolved an issue where the next available order ID would not be set when uploading previous history into a blank Web Store
XML: Corrected a rare issue where some image URLs could be rejected by Google Shopping
LightSpeed for iPad 1.3 requires LightSpeed 3.7 or higher to connect
General: Improved re-connection handling to LightSpeed Server after a crash
General: Previewing related products for line items is now supported
Hardware: Added support for the Infinea Tab integrated credit card swipe and barcode scanner
Hardware: Added support for the MagTek iDynamo encrypted credit card swipe through Axia Payments
Hardware: Resolved an issue that could cause a crash when attempting to pair a terminal on LightSpeed 3.7 and higher
Invoice: Line items now automatically scroll to prevent line items from being added off-screen
Invoice: Resolved a potential crash when handing off an invoice to LightSpeed for Mac when the invoiced customer is missing a first or last name
Invoice: Gift card serial numbers are no longer treated as case sensitive during redemption
Invoice: Performing a return through a payment terminal no longer returns an error
Invoice: Resolved a potential crash when scanning a gift card with a faulty magnetic stripe
Printing: Addressed a potential crash when printing full-page invoices and product image printing is enabled
Supplier: Resolved an issue that could prevent the ‘Visit Homepage’ action from working correctly
LightSpeed 3.7.5 Client Application
POS Screen: Resolved an issue introduced in LightSpeed 3.7.3 that could prevent e-mail receipts from being sent
LightSpeed 3.7.4 Client Application